Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am in need of funding to take my awesome new project to the next level. I have spent over $5k of my own money with Idea Design Studios in order to create and put together a website with 3D renderings of my idea. I am needing funding for the following:
- The first thing I intend to do is set up and LLC and protect my idea from outside threats.
- The second thing I intend to do is finish patenting the idea. The idea is patent pending at this time and is protected from any poachers, however, getting and maintaining a patent is a long, tedious, and expensive process.
- The third thing I intend to do is begin working on the technical drawing, which will include CAD/CAM development and programing to provide to the manufacturers.
- The fourth thing I will be working on is getting a working prototype built and perform tests that will need to be done and make any changes that may be needed prior to manufacturing.
- Other obstacles will include quality control, certifications and testing, and marketing and distribution.
To be on the safe side, an investment of $200k would provide the cushion that I would feel comfortable with. On the low side, I feel like $100k would be the minimum that I would need in order to accomplish my goals and get the product to market. Thanks for your time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I will admit that I am new to recruiting investors so I am unfamiliar with the process. As such, guidance from any potential investors would be appreciated.